Role and Responsibilities
The ADST Office Manager/Bookkeeper position is part-time (24/hrs) and hired by the ADST president. The incumbent reports to the president and supports other members of the ADST team. Duties include the following:
ADST Office Organization and Management:
- Oversees the office calendar by tracking/ scheduling all events, meetings for the office.
- Receives, forwards/answers correspondence for membership, general mail, and email inquiries.
- Creates the monthly newsletter and implements its distribution.
- Coordinates biennial gala dinner, board matters, interns, membership, and book events.
- Provides welcome packets and prepares/organizes documents for new interns and board members.
- Provides support for new interns and coordinates their participation at book launches and outreach.
- Coordinates services related to building maintenance and equipment, room reservations, and purchases and maintains supplies, as needed. Coordinates access requests and parking/shuttle passes.
- Collects from offsite post office box and processes mail, including books; coordinates book deliveries.
- Responsible for all bookkeeping, banking, membership processing and tracking, oversight of payroll contractor and quarterly sales taxes. Provides 1099s, pays annual business fees and taxes for local, state and Federal requirements, and performs other budgetary responsibilities, as needed.
- Executes check writing and depositing, accounts payable and receivable, vendor payments; reconciliation of bank accounts, invoice processing, collecting W2 information, all membership payments; processing onsite/offsite book payments.
- Prepares draft budget and provides quarterly budget analysis.
- Coordinates with auditor on preparation of Annual Audit and 990 reports, providing documents as requested.
- Administers grants (reconciliation, reimbursement payments, award checks, required reports)
- Drafts all other reports, documents, or information as needed for contracts.
- Coordinates the annual Cox Excellence in Language teaching award.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
At least 3 years of office management and budget and finance experience
- Proficient with Quick Books, general bookkeeping, and accounting
- Experience with the Foreign Service, nonprofit culture, membership relations, and event planning
- Ability to get a public trust clearance
- Good writing, multitasking skills
- Good judgment, teamwork, upbeat interpersonal skills, and high energy
- Job requires occasional evening work for events.
- Job requires occasional lifting of boxes up to 40 lbs.
Applications (open until filled) can be sent by mail or e-mail to the following addresses:
Karen Mehring, Office Manager ADST
T: 703 302-6990 P.O. Box 41839
Arlington, Va. 22204